COVID-19 chaos and how impACT Chiropractic can help!
There’s so much information coming at us about COVID-19 and it can be scary. We know that the best thing to do right now is to make sure we’re all taking great care of each other and ourselves. Most importantly, taking care of our immune systems so that if you do come into contact with the virus, your body can fight it quickly!
Here’s a quick list of things you can do to boost your immunity:
GET ADJUSTED! 👐 We will continue business as usual over the coming weeks because we know how important a strong immune system is to fight ANY virus your body comes in contact with – an adjustment alone can boost your immune response by 200%! Now is when your body needs chiropractic care more than ever. We want you to know we’re taking extra precautions at impACT Chiropractic to keep you safe.
1. We are consistently wiping down all surfaces within impACT Chiropractic with disinfectant.
2. We have removed all the toys that are not easily wiped down or sanitized 🧸 and will bring them back out once the threat is over. We apologize ahead of time if your kiddo’s favorite toy is missing when they come in. ☹️
3. All surfaces and tables are cleaned consistently and we will provide organic wipes 🧽 throughout the office if you feel more comfortable doing so yourself.
4. If you call ahead to let us know you’re feeling ill, 🤧🤒🤕 we’ll move your adjustment to one of our private rooms or outside of normal office hours. Our private adjusting and screening rooms will be cleaned down thoroughly after each client.
5. We have spread out our schedule as much as possible to keep the waiting room as clear or free of people as we can. Come in, get your immune boost, and head home! 😊
During this time, let’s all do our part to combat what we can control and keep using chiropractic to strengthen your immune system. There is no better time than now to make sure your body has the ability to adapt and respond to any virus or exposure out there.
FEED your body the good stuff! 🥦🍊🍌 More produce, less processed and sugary foods. Also, cut way back on mucous-inducing dairy.
MOVE your body! 🏃♀️ 🏋️♂️ Even if your workouts are relocated from the gym to your home, movement relieves stress and boosts your immune system! Make sure to break a sweat because that is how our body gets things moving on out!
SUPPLEMENT your system! Please see Kasey Bordas in our office with your supplement questions and needs. She’s our resident nutrition and functional medicine expert. We also carry elderberry syrup from Alex’s Elderberries and local natural honey from Carolina Shores Apiaries in our office, so pick some up when you stop by! (Honey is cash only.)
MANAGE your stress! 🤬😭😵 In scary times like this, stress levels can skyrocket. Stress is known to cause 90% of all illness and dramatically decreases our ability to FIGHT. Try your best to find peace and calm in each day. Meditate (ask us for recommendations), limit social media, love on your people, and stay calm. 🧘♀️🧘♂️
REST! Get plenty of restful sleep. 😴 Your immune system requires large amounts of energy and depends on adequate sleep to function at full capacity.
And of course, WASH YOUR HANDS often and thoroughly. 🧼
We’re in this together and we’re here for you.
Dr. David Turner + The impACT Chiro Team